Joe on 2006 Harley Ultra Classic with Training Wheels

Joe on 2006 Harley Ultra Classic with Training Wheels
Bike and trailer are ready to travel

Saturday, May 14, 2011

First long trip on the Harley

Today, I took my first long trip on the Harley.  I rode to Saucier, MS to pick up the pull-behind trailer.  I was a really nice ride and the trailer pulled very well - didn't know it was behind me unless I looked in the rear view mirrow. The morning started overcast and cool but the further south I went, the skys cleared up and it was a perfect day for a ride.  I saw many bikes on the road and guess that most were enjoying the beautiful weather like I was.

I plan to use the trailer to haul my stuff to Hammond, LA if the weather will allow for that long trip.  I suggested to Betty that we could load all of our camping gear and spend a couple of days outdoors.  You can imagine the answer - no way will she spend a night in a tent.  I think we will have to travel but sleep in a hotel/motel in order to get her to go with me.

Riding in the open air is totally different than in the car.  You smell more of nature, cooking in homes or restaurants, and the odor from the automobiles that pass you by.  I will be nice to be able to take a long trip one of these days to see and smell places that we haven't been before.

No comments:

Post a Comment